Saturday, July 08, 2006

An Afternoon at Kopi

Sitting at a table, reading, outside of Kopi Cafe in Champaign one might see:

1. A Bear. 150, maybe 165 lbs. Black. About 4 feet long, the same high. Shaggy. Wearing a bib. Needing it. Leaving a dark, dotted trail along the sidewalk as it finally leaves. Moniker: Norbert.

2. The Primary Colors. On bikes. With helmets. The 4th guy wearing an appropriate smattering of all 3 of the previous.

3. Unshaved legs. Both genders. Upts, there some go again...oh and again ... and again... yep, again...and one more time.

4. A 'Sweet Corn Festival' t-shirt. I think she was meeting the 'I'm with stupid guy' later tonight.
5. Russians drinking wine. With straws. Discussing American politics.

6. Really cute shoes in the window of the shop next door.

7. Same red hot-rod circling the block numerous times. Middle-aged driver hyper-grinning out at everyone like a moron. Needed: more exposed chest hair.

8. Lot of smoke. Lot of smoke.

9. 2 extremely gender ambiguous people ... I think on a date. Oh the irony.

10. A car full of foreigners driving by. One towering out of the sun roof ... we can only assume it's for more room. Towel on back of driver's seat headrest; to catch styled hair grease. Pulling over not in a parking space. Parking. Flashers on. Everyone out. We're going on 30 minutes gone. 40 minutes. I guess hazard lights and a meter are interchangable. Hmm.

11. Berets.

12. Man walking. 6 x 6" calculator cliped onto hip. Briefcase wrapped in phone wire. Full out headset. More gadgets clipped elsewhere. I guess drive-through guys do deliver.


13. Cowboy. Complete with chaps. Spurs? Unknown. Cantering on a horse down the street. Windsomely showcasing an oversized American flag. A dwarfed replica horse, with complementing saddle and gear. Tied and prancing behind its larger predecessor. What was once riding that miniature horse ... we'll never know.

Conclusion: I think we could recruit a pretty potent 'mutant table.'
All said, little reading getting done.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEP!!!Sounds like little reading done, just people watching and DREAMING!!
When did you wake up??? or are you still daydreaming???

7/9/06, 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#9 - "That guy knows what I'm talking about....and the mutants over there!"

7/11/06, 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home