Sunday, July 22, 2007

Recently Read


Recommend? yeah; interesting story lines, writing done really well

My Biggest Interest: Although the content of the book is pretty contraversial (stem cells and such), I think my biggest draw to the book was its format. I love LOVE the idea of switching narrators; it keeps it more fresh, and it feels more like real life than a story, ya know? but I especially have always liked it when authors write about the exact same conversation or event from multiple characters' perspectives. so ya know, that happened a little bit, which was pretty exciting for me.

Recommend? yep; a lot of suspense actually
My Biggest Interest: Great book to use with middle schoolers. The chapters are short, and the plot is really interesting. Plus, I think this is one of the few "pop" junior high books that boys would not only find interesting, but actually like -- a task that often proves challenging.



Recommend? (giggle) uh huh (giggle)
My Biggest Interest: Like his other book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, it's a series of short stories about his family that are ... well, they're funny ... some inappropriate (lot of blushing), but funny.
"Let it Snow" -- really great.
"Six to Eight Black Men" -- freakin' hilarious



(click on the book cover to get more info on each one)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home