Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Move II

The last few days have been spent hauling boxes and furniture and freakin' heavy washing machine and dryer sets down 3 flights of stairs, across town, and up into our new little house. While there is still much to do, it's coming along, quite nicely actually. I'll have more pictures of the new house for you soon, but ... for now ... here's something I've discovered, or maybe something that has just been blaringly apparent ...

I'm like Ridiculously-Crazy-Anal about cups and books. It has taken me embarrassingly too long to arrange, rearrange .... and rearrange both the dishes in the kitchen cupboard and my 100,000-English-major-books on the shelves in my bedroom. So many shapes and colors, ways to stack, ways that are most efficient, other ways that are mosr aesthetically pleasing to the OCD-artistic eye.

Don't worry. I've finally found arrangements that I'm happy ... well-frustratingly-ready-to-give-up-and-feel-mostly-okay ... with. The drinking paraphernalia has been stacked and shelved according to glass/plastic, size/shape, function, and average times a week used. My scads of reading materials have been arranged by category: classic Brit Lit; classic American lit (subdivided into "the African-American experience," "between the World Wars", and "contemporary classics"); multicultural novels; children's lit picture books and children's lit chapter books'; God books; and of course the random misc category. To appease my fear of monotony on the shelves I also took the liberty to make both vertical and horizontal stacks.

Ahhhhh, done.
Tomorrow's project: my shoes .... all billionty (yikes!)



content disclaimer - so, either you totally get this rant of mine because you also are an OCD-artist and/or you just know me ... or you're helplessly confused; if the latter is the case, hopefully the next post will be better :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking pretty good!

9/11/07, 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home