Friday, December 21, 2007

Write Your Own Fable

The Ant and the Grasshopper
Rewritten and performed by students from 8th hour Reading


Roles: Narrator, Grasshopper, Ant, Bunny

Narrator: Once upon a time, there lived an ant and a grasshopper. They lived in a faraway land called Norweja. The grasshopper was walking down from his garden when he saw his friend Ant.

Ant: Yo Grasshopper. What up homie?

Grasshopper: I’m doin’ aight bro. what you doin layta taday my home skillet biscuit? Do you wanna go ta the mall and see a movie layta?

Ant: No! I’m pickin’ ma crops for the wintatime. You cool with that?

Narrator: The ant was always busy and he never had time for this friend Grasshopper. So instead, the grasshopper started hanging out with a bunny.

Grasshopper: It’s summatime. Winta aint comin for awhile bro. Does this mean that I have ta find someone else to see the movie wif?

Ant: Duh! What it look like?

Grasshopper: So you callin me dumb now?!

Narrator: It was only a few minutes later that the ant and the grasshopper got to fighting. Then, all of a sudden, the bunny arrived.

Bunny: Cool down peeps. We’re all friends here.

Narrator: The bunny was right. So instead, the grasshopper and the bunny went to the movies and saw “Meadia Goes to Jail.” After the movie, the grasshopper and the bunny went home. The next day the grasshopper saw the ant.

Grasshopper: You STA-ill pickin crops for the winta?

Ant: Of course bro. You should be doin the same.

Grasshopper: I got food fo the present. I aint got time ta be doin that.

Ant: Then why last winta did you come to my house for food? TREATED!

Grasshopper: Because. I fo-got to pick ma crops.

Narrator: Months and months passed and it was finally winter. Snow was falling over the ground and it looked like a winter wonderland. All of the food was gone because of the animals in Norweja had planned ahead.

Bunny: (walks up to grasshopper) Yo, what’s wrong?

Grasshopper: (shivering, arms wrapped around body) I’m starving and cold.

Bunny: Why didn’t you listen ta what the ant said?

Grasshopper: I don’t listen ta that ant. He’s craaazy sometimes.

Ant: Es-curz me? You calling me crazy? Who’s the one that’s starving here?

Grasshopper: Who’s starving?

Bunny: (lipsmack) You did say you were starving bro.

Narrator: The bunny decided to go inside her home. The grasshopper walked over to the bunny’s house and knocked on her door.

Grasshopper: Can I get some grub?

Bunny: Get out my face! (slams door) BAAM! In your face!

Narrator: After having a door slammed in his face, the grasshopper went to the ant’s house and knocked on the door.

Grasshopper: Can I get some grub and stay here fo the night?

Ant: After you called me crazy? (throws pie in face) BAAM! Well, I guess, come on in.

Narrator: It was evident that the grasshopper had learned a very important lesson. If you don’t prepare for tomorrow, you will have nothing for the future.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy Van-Mod said...

That's awesome.
Have a good break!

12/21/07, 7:05 PM  
Blogger m,asnblkjasd said...

Ask your kids if I can play the ant in the movie version.

TREATED!

Es-curz me?


Hahaha....

12/22/07, 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Such talent. Such Vision. Such street cred.

12/22/07, 5:36 PM  
Blogger josh w said...

***If you don’t prepare for tomorrow, you will have nothing for the future. ***

I would say the lesson was, "If you don't prepare for tomorrow, you will have pie for the future, but it will be splattered all over your face (yet still magically delicious)."

12/23/07, 1:18 PM  
Blogger josh w said...

So I was just going to write you a facebook message until I remembered that you don't have facebook.

Do you do any writing?

12/23/07, 2:33 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

yeah. I do. A lot more poetry than prose. I'm not an amazing writer, but I'm good at my style, does that make sense? I was an English major so I definitely learned a lot about writing through reading a ton on authors -- which, now, writing is a huge release for me.

As dumb as it sounds, I really am in love with words...

1/6/08, 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home