Monday, January 21, 2008

Go See "Once"

So tonight we watched the film, Once, together over at the Haus. Wow. It ended, and I wasn't sure what emotion I was feeling ... but I knew that I loved it. So organic. So simple. So compelling. The beauty of everyday life and relationship -- two stories touching.

Read Nick's entry on the film for more thoughts and details.
and then, Go rent it.


The freshly purchased soundtrack is tinkling through my speakers even now...

Favorite parts that will not give anything away: the 2 main characters don't even have names. They are billed as "guy" and "girl." Also, they are both people that aren't initially striking, but both become increasingly attractive, beautiful even, as you get to spend time with them ... as their quirks tumble out along with their hearts, on a backdrop of original music. To me, this is one of the most lovely things about how relationships work in real life, and I love that they captured it ... intentional or not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Van-Mod said...

Complete agreement about the attractiveness thing.

I really appreciated that they didn't pick drop-dead gorgeous people, but picked ordinary people and then got you to fall in love with who they were for more than a pretty face. It's a deeper investment into a character than you get in many movies. I thought she was so pretty by the end of the movie.

1/21/08, 10:13 AM  
Blogger annalea said...

whenever i see glen hansard and marketa irglova now, i think of them as so beautiful, but your right it is because of the movie. we have been telling people to see it since july and now thankfully everyone is!

1/25/08, 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home